Monthly Book Club!
SABA Chicago is excited to announce our monthly book club!
This month we will be reading the book Brave not Perfect by Reshma Saujani.
Read along with us and join us for a casual conversation about the book at the end of the month. We are also happy to take book recommendations from our members.
The launch of our book club happens to coincide with the Chicago Public Library’s Read-A-Thon, so we’ve decided to partner up! You can get involved by either:
• Participating & Reading - Join SABA Chicago, donate $25 to the Read-A-Thon page, then read and log the books you read from April 5 - May 21.
Reading prizes include a bookmark, a mask and a tote bag!
Here is the link: https://www.cplfreads.org/teams/saba-chicago<https://www.cplfreads.org/teams/saba-chicago>
• Donating - If you would like to support the Chicago Public Library Foundation, simply donate to SABA’s JustGiving Page. You get a raffle ticket for each donation made in $25 increments. Here is the link: https://www.cplfreads.org/fundraising/saba-chicago<https://www.cplfreads.org/fundraising/saba-chicago>
Here are some more book recommendations from the board to get you started:
1. Well-behaved Indian Women by Saumya Dave
2. Breaking The Bamboo Ceiling by Jany Hyun
3. Good Girls Marry Doctors edited by Piyali Bhattacharya
4. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
5. A Place For Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza
6. Under the Banyan Tree by R.K. Naranyan
7. Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
8. Homeland Elegies by Ayad Akhtar
9. You’re the Only One I’ve Told by Meera Shah